FREE TAX PREPARATION
GET YOUR TAXES DONE FOR FREE
Organized by Fairfax County Department of Family Services, the NVACASH Coalition helps families avoid the fees businesses charge to prepare and file taxes. With the help of dedicated and trained volunteers, low-income families throughout Northern Virginia received over $8 million in refunds last tax season. Join your neighbors and save your dollars!
The deadline for filing your federal taxes next year will be Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
Click here for a list of site locations & hours.
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Social Security Card or Taxpayer Identification Number ITIN (la carta con el numero del PIN) for everyone in the family
- Photo ID for you and your spouse
- All income forms: W-2s, W-2Gs, 1099Rs, 1099s
- Voided check for direct deposit
- Expense documents: dependent care, education-related expenses, home mortgage interest payments
Below are links to very user-friendly free tax softwares and thirteen other IRS-recommended free tax softwares. It is best for taxpayers with very simple tax returns – those with 1 to 2 W-2s, working students earning $30,000 and below, and anyone eligible for the EITC.